Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Scary picture and more funding news- yay

I was just looking at my profile picture and I think it is kind of scary. So sorry. On the picture note. I have a picture of the EDGE women that I want to post online, but I can't because everytime I try to save it, it saves as a bitmap image and hello (the program I use to post pictures on this beautiful specimin of a website) will only let me post jpeg images. Help!? I have SO many techie friends someone has to know how to get around this. Any advice would be appreciated and welcomed and likely uncompensated.

Anways, today was a very very good day. I met with a couple from my church in Omaha tonight and they gave 500 one time and pledged 50 a month. That is the most generous (from a strict monetary standpoint) that anyone has been. I just about cried at their kitchen table. Both couples I met with today are grandparents and prayed with me before I left. It was SO awesome. I got teary during each of the visits. This is the beautiful side of fundraising, you get to spend time with people sharing your heart and encouraging them and they encourage back.

I am starting to get into the swing of fundraising. Phone calls are not as scary nor is the drive to my face to face appointments. The two things that changed that was: 1)realizing that Jesus was actually with me whenever I do anything and
2)realizing that people are going to say no. I will have to hear nos in order to get yeses. (Is that how you spell that?)

So the day was encouraging. I talked to Jill last night and she helped me too. She reminded me that my math is NOT God's math. My math says that if I don't get 20% of my funding a week then I will not be funded on time. God doesn't necessarily work that way. He is in control.

Well, again I do not know much other than fundraising. I am going to work on knowing something else.:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

I am glad to hear that your appointments went well yesterday. Its always encouraging to meet with people who "get it" - meaning they really understand and are on board with your vision for ministry. Keep it up! I'll keep praying that God continues to bless your fundraising efforts. Don't worry about fundraising dominating your posts these days. We understand that this is the major thing going on in your life at present, and as your friends, we want to hear about what is going on, and what is on your heart.

On the tech end of things, if you have a photo editor on your computer, you should be able to convert a bitmap to a jpeg. Try opening the file, and then browse the menus until you find formatting options. It might even be part of the options when you go to save from the file menu. Maybe Cal knows a bit more about this...

Also, I tried to follow the link to the photo you posted, and MSN couldn't find the message. Not sure why.

In Christ,

Justin

Anonymous said...

Jenny~ I get so excited when you post, even if it is only about fundraising. I love being able to know what's going on in your life, and that's inspired me. I'm starting to think about what I would say if I had my own site. It could be fun. Maybe that should be my birthday present to myself. Anyway, I'm so glad things are going well for you. Can't wait to see what God does! ~Cora