Monday, July 19, 2004

Home and stuff

Hey friends.  I am home again.  My trip to Lincoln was hard. Very hard.  I stayed with some relatives who do not know Christ and they doubted, questioned and challenged my vision and what God has called me to do.  I got to share the gospel with them though and that was neat.  I have prayed for an opportunity for years.  It is interesting that my opportunity came under these cirumstances.  I decided to come home a couple of days early because I needed to get out of that environment and get perspective.
 
I did have some fun in Lincoln too. I hung out with Rachael on Thursday night and we had good conversation and Sonya was in town the whole weekend too.  I hung with her on both Friday and Saturday night.   It was so good to see friends.   It made this EDGE thing so much more real though. I am moving away. I graduated from College.  Life is going to change quickly and probably not ever be the same again.  I hate that about this life, but again it reminds me that the only secure thing I have is Christ.  I need to cling to him and seek to know Him better through every stage of life's journeys.
 
For those of you hungry for a fundraising update... I am at 31%.  I have 3 weeks left of fundraising.
 
Well, that is about all I know. Thanks to everyone who answered my question a couple of days ago.  Interesting perspective.  I rarely think of modesty as an internal thing. Something to ponder.
 
 
 

No comments: