Alright, thank you to everyone who has rushed in when my strength had rushed out. You are all a huge blessing of God and vessels of His. You know who you are. I am blessed beyond what I deserve.
So the sabbath. Today was the sabbath. Monday eh!? Yes sir. Yes maam. God had a great idea and command when he took the seventh day off and asked man to do the same. I didn't fundraise today (well mostly- it was hard!). It was so neat to exercise the freedom that God has given and it was soul refreshing. In some ways I am ready to go fundraise again. It gave me strength and perspective. If nothing else it really helped me realize that my identity is not in being a missionary raising support, but my identity is a child of God who is loved by God and seeking to love God with her life.
And for the strange opportunity, today someone called to ask my brother if he wanted to sit with a football player Ryan Krause while he signs football cards tommorrow for 3 hours. I agreed to do it if my brother wouldn't. I get paid 50 flow. [[[Can you use flow that way?!]]] It is kind of weird. It is through a marketing group that Topps football cards hires. And apparently Topps gives away 1 signed card with each box people buy. So I will go to Ryan's house tommorrow and watch him sign 1500 cards. How exciting! Well, I am not so sure about that. I get flow either way.;)
In other news, my brother got a semi-promotion. He is going to be the commanders driver at Fort Riley. He was one of 5 soldiers interviewed at Ft. Riley and he got it. He is a little disappointed because he won't get to be garrison which is the whole reason he wanted to be an MP but Steve (my stepdad) thinks that he will get promoted faster that way (which means higher pay, etc).
Well I am off to talk to Dad.:)
Monday, July 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Monday Sabbaths are a good thing. I think yesterday could be considered a Sabbath for me as well. I didn't have to work and I slept something like eleven or twelve hours. God's plan is the best way. No more working on Sunday mornings for me. That said, you wrote that you were coming to Lincoln on Wednesday until Sunday. Give me a call or something. I'm sure you'll have some free time between appointments.
Phil
Post a Comment