So, this post will be rather dull: FYI. Your life just can't be exciting all the time.
Last night, I had a very good meeting with my friends parents and their daughter. It was a very encouraging and challenging time for me (and the daughter and the parents are both going to support me) so that is always nice too. I am running into some weird road bumps with funding. My church in Lincoln can't do any financial support because of recent church funding problems but they are willing to host a lunch and a dessert for me and invite different groups of people to both of them, but that leaves me perplexed. Almost all the people I was planning on meeting with face to face in Lincoln are members of my church. So what is a girl to do? Face to faces are supposed to be more productive and personal but then there is this dessert idea. So that has me stumped. And scheduling has been a little frustrating in Omaha recently. There is one couple in particular that I have probably called 10 times since this process started and have never gotten a hold of them. And I am starting to feel like a stalker.
As for the title of this post, I finally organized my room. Ever since I have moved home, things have been accumulating in their own little corners of my room. So, last night I boxed some stuff and took it downstairs. Today I am going to find a dresser and organize my clothes. If you have never tried, life is frustrating without a dresser. It felt so good to get up to a clean room this morning. Ahh, the simple joys in life.
Well, talking about organizing my room makes me want to go be productive.
Thursday, July 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jenny,
I'm sorry to hear that your church in Lincoln is not able to support you financially, but it is good that they are trying to help however they can. I know that the lunch and the dessert aren't quite what you had in mind, but perhaps you can use them to reach a larger or a different group then you originally had in mind.
One thing you could try is to go ahead and set up 1-1 meetings with your top 5 from church, and then use the other less personal meetings to cast a wider net and chare your vision for ministry with whoever decides to come. You might be pleasantly surprised with the results! Besides, even if only your key few end up supporting you prayerfully and financially, you will still have been a blessing to those at your church who will gain a better understanding of how you will be ministering. Hopefully they will all be encouraged and challenged by what you share regardless of the response.
Justin
Post a Comment