Sunday, July 25, 2004

I want to be witty

Hmm,  I really want to be witty.  But I am really unsure how.  I could tell you about my weekend but you may get bored, drool on your keyboard during the nap and be mad at me for wasting your time.  Lets see, I could tell you about making fundraising calls tonight but then again that may induce more drool.

Well, instead I will just tell you how I am. I am doing alright, I went to Lincoln this weekend. I had two desserts with about 4 couples/singles each and then I made calls both Saturday (yipee) and Sunday evenings.  As of today I am at 55%.  Woo hoo! I officially have less to raise than I already have. Halleluyah.

Today I was thinking about how important it is to have my focus when I talk to potential donors be on loving them and showing them Christ. I am related (by Christs blood) to most of the people I am calling.  I want to bless them and focus more on loving them than on having them meet my needs.  Although, my need seems overpowering at the time.  So, as a consequence tonights  phone calls were better.

I can't wait to show the same love that I have experienced to students at Kansas State I am getting more and more excited as the day gets closer.  Well, thanks for listening to my unwitty rantings.  I will have to think about this witty thing. I will try to do something for ya soon.);)

On another note, I am curious who reads my blog.  If you read this and you don't think I know you do leave a comment please. :)

2 comments:

the jake said...

55%? I was expecting more....
Stranger

p.s. I read your 'blog

Anonymous said...

I read your blog.