Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Week 2

It has been a long time since I posted. Sorry! Life is different when you have a full time job- it's kinda busy. I am getting used to it though so yay for that.

This last weekend was our student leaders retreat. That was a really good and challenging time for me. Most of the curriculum was centered on the Great Commission and laying your life down for non-believers to know Jesus. It really got to my heart and made me want to go back to the dorms and love students and push past my own fears. The retreat itself was also fun. On Friday night, they always do something crazy. Last year, some students went fountain jumping but this year it was raining and lightning. So, Jen Johnson in all her wisdom suggested that they shouldn't go play in the water during a thunderstorm. The students of course saw this as a challenge to come up with something else crazy to do. They decided to go mud sliding. They found a little hill that they could play King of the Hill on in the mud. Then they were going to go to the fountain and clean off. They almost talked me into going. Can you believe that? I didn't because of the storm.

Other than that, I met some neat women and had some fun conversations with some men in the ministry too. It was really refreshing.

Last week, I had to wrestle with a lot of homesickness and bad attitude. I had a really rough day on Wednesday but after I decided that God is sovereign, loves me and intends good for me I accepted that I am here in Manhattan purposefully and can trust God in that. It also helped me to wrestle with the idea that he works all trials in life so that I bring him glory and honor.

I also want to update you all on the girl we shared the Bridge with. It was really neat. She is open to the gospel and not churched at all. You can pray for Sarah. She would have such a neat untainted veiw of Christianity if she came to know Jesus.

That is all I have for now.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Jenny! I love you and I am SO SO SO glad that you are HERE!!!