Yesterday (Monday) was my first day on campus. And it was HARD. I have never done ministry where I have not lived or inherently belonged. I spent the morning at Ford hall walking up to people and asking if I could help them move in. That was pretty enjoyable but in the morning there were a lot of farmhouse guys out front helping the girls move in. You see, Ford is an all girls dorm (mostly sorority girls) and when I would ask if I could help them and then a big fraternity boy would ask if I could help them: I didn't get to help girls. Thus, I didn't get to meet nearly as many people as I wanted to. Then, I had to deal with all my feelings of inadequacy about living in a strange town, being on staff and not knowing how to meet people. The dorms I am in are suite style and after the altracation in the morning I did meet a lot of people. I am really excited to develop those relationships. I met both believers and non-believers (assumably from what they told me). Tonight we have a party at the Rec center where we will play volleyball and have snacks. There will be no formal gospel sharing or anything so it is going to be a good time to form relationships. I am pretty excited. On that note, I need to go get ready for the day!
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment