Well, this week has been one of many lessons. As though this is news to anyone, full time ministry is HARD work. There is a lot of spiritual battle going on as well as it is just exhausting. All of my job is to initiate with people. So, on Monday and Tuesday we helped students move in in the afternoon and then Tuesday night we had a party. On Wednesday we set up a survey booth from 8 a.m.- 2p.m. Now imagine with me for a second... spending six hours in the sun stopping students on their way to class and repeating "Would you like to fill out a survey for a chance to win a free bike?" It was tiring but so worth it. Here we don't have a Big Red Welcome so that is partially how we make contacts for the school year. Then Wednesday night we went in pairs to the dorms and visited to people who marked a box saying that they would be interested in discussing the topics on the survey with someone. I went with Allie Sqyres and boy is she cool. The whole goal of this outing was to share the gospel. We got to spend about an hour with two girls and I got to share my testimony. It was exciting. They didn't exactly respond in repentance but I think I may have some new friends!:)
The following night was Nav night and about 400 students came. This night was the best of them all for me. I really connected with God during the actually Nav night and was really able to just plead at God's feet for him to glorify himself. It was really neat what happenned that night. That night the third person I talked to after navs was a freshman who was having some doubts in her walk with God. She cried with me, I got to pray with her and take her to scripture. It was an amazing time of living by the spirit for me because I was SO tired that only one verse came to mind. It was Psalm 73. When we got done reading it, she said that it was exactly what she was feeling. Anyway, very cool. And in the mean time a student leader asked me if I could teach them how to share the bridge. Well, if you know me, you know I LOVE the bridge. So, I am going to go with her sometime this week and share the Bridge with a girl on her floor (who by "Coincidence" I connected with at a party earlier in the week).
This week is going to be a lot more free in my scheduling. Joel and Jen have really given us permission to start to form our own schedules. So I am taking this afternoon off and spending the evenings in the dorms. Good times.
For all you Lincolnites- I miss Lincoln and you all and I hope that you enjoyed your first day of school!
Monday, August 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment