I have been thinking about the way that people plan their blogging. People plan to take a break from posting. And often these people don't plan anything else. I wonder if it because we feel a responsibility to our digital audience. I think that is true in my life. Ponder it.:)
Ammendment: I talked to my host family today too. It was really fun. They sound cool. At first we wil have a FULL house. There will be three children other than me in the house (one is 21, the other 18 and the last 14). The 18 year old will be leaving for college the weekend after I get there and I am taking his room. They are the Watt family. They said that the one thing you probably dont get around their house is quiet that there are people in and out constantly. I like that idea to an extent. It will be nice to have people around but who knows what I will think after doing ministry for a while.
On another note, I am getting really excited. I think that I will go to campus on time. I still need to get it cleared with my funding coach but I am a little nervous. Because even if he clears it, people have to follow-through on their commitments and another 10% has to come in. So much trusting. The next thing to be praying for is trusting God to use me to impact eternity at K-State!
Sunday, August 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not sure that I am an experienced enough blogger to comment, but here's what I think: I do feel a certain amount of responsibility to my blog audience - the purpose of my blog is to share both my thoughts and a little about what is going on in my life, so if I am going to take a break from blogging because something notable is occuring, then I like to keep people informed, not just so they know that I won't be posting, but moreso that they will know why I am not posting. Now, hypothetically, if I wasn't posting because I didn't feel like it, or just that I had nothing to say, I would feel less responsible to let people know about this. I would still feel a slight amount of pressure to post just to maintain the staus quo, but I wouldn't feel responsible.
Also, as far as not planning other things, I think that I do far too much thinking ahead and planning and could actually stand to so a little less. ;)
Hmmm. I think it is realy interesting what people choose to comment on. I see both of your points.:)
I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle of both JJ and Cal's opinions. I just went through a period of non-posting. For awhile I felt guilty and woudl apologive for not blogging. But now I don't feel the burden of guiilt. Anyway, enough of these crazy nonsense. Just post what you want, whenever you want. Leave it at that.
philabowl
Post a Comment