Saturday, August 07, 2004

My social life

Well, it has been a while since my last post. The past two days have been awesome. I have seen a lot of friends and done a lot of fundraising.

On Thursday night, I went out to Mead, Nebraska at 9:00 p.m. That translates to: country roads are hard to find. Also, Mead is a good 45 minute drive (without getting lost like I did) anyway. But it was well worth it. Two of my friends from College, Aaron N and Matt F live out there. We sit around, ate, and then we went outside and sat around a fire and talked. It was a really good time. I love the country for the peace it seems to bring with it. Also, this trip contained the first time in life, that I petted a rooster. Phil told me that I could "cuddle it" if I wanted to. I decided not to and Aaron informed me later that the rooster may have pecked me if I did. Close call.

On Friday night, I saw two Omaha friends Tim and Wendy. They are moving to California which makes me immensely sad. It is interesting that life is now starting to move on. People are growing up and moving away and its not just me. Although, for those of you who haven't put it together, I am supposed to move to Kansas on Tuesday. Wow. It will be interesting to see if that happens. At Kansas State, the students start arriving on Aug 18. The leadership team for Navs has a meeting the Sunday before that. That is a little over a week before students will be starting school. I am starting to get really excited and really nervous. I want the Lord to use me in huge ways and I really want opportunities to share Jesus with people at K-State.

Well, I am putting off making funding calls. So, I better go do that. Have a fantastic weekend!:)

No comments: