Monday, June 28, 2004

First day of many

Well, I am home. I got home Saturday night at about 11:30 p.m., unpacked (kind of) and went to bed. Then Sunday morning I got up for church, came home, talked to Sonya, went to Lincoln and then over the course of the last 24 hours have had 6 fundraising appointments! Praise the LORD for His people who have encouraged and challenged me. From what I have at this point, I am at 7% of my budget. There are still some folks I met with today and yesterday that are praying about what to give.

Honestly, I am absolutely overwhelmed that anyone would consider giving their money to what God is doing through me. It makes me want to cry and shout and jump around simultaneously. It also really makes me see a tangible expression of God's goodness.

God is amazing. Have a mentioned that recently? He is amazing in so many ways but the way I have been pondering recently is how he personally meets his people's needs. He ALWAYS provides what we need- be it his peace or something as large as 28 grand. I am so glad that I belong to Christ!

In other news, I am tired. I fell asleep in between appointments today for a good 3 hours! The conference wore me out.

Ooh.. the conference. I will post some stuff up here later about what I learned. Because, man did I learn a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm glad to hear that things are going well with fundraising and that you had a good (though exhausting) time at the conference. It will be exciting to see and hear about God's incredible faithfulness to provide in the coming weeks. Definitely keep us posted on how things are going (no pun intended).

I'm specifically praying that you will be at 20% of your budget by the end of this week.

In Christ,

Justin

Anonymous said...

You came to Lincoln and didn't stop by? Don't worry, I have no beef with nobody if you know what I mean. So, forty minutes ago I was helping run a Nav booth for Big Red welcome. A woman and her son came to the table and I asked them if they had ever heard of The Navigators. She said yes and told me that she knew a someone who did the student teacher thing at her school. I asked her who that person was and she said Jenny Mckee. Now, I'm trying to remember her name, but I cannot for the life of me. But her son filled a contact flier and she took a parents' brochure. So, thanx for making my job a little bit easier.

Phil