Saturday, June 12, 2004

final post for a while

Hey friends!

I am writing to tell you that I will not be writing for a while. On Monday I leave for training for EDGE corps. For those of you who don't know what it is. It is a short term missionary assignment with the Navigators. I am feeling the stress for sure. I am SO excited to meet people and find out what campus God has called me to next year but I am still very overwhelmed.

The fundraising homework I have left consists of: half of a Bible study and budgeting. I am sure it will get done, but I am feeling the bondage to my laziness.

In other news I got to 250 contacts on my fundraising sheet. I think that is GOOD. I am very pleased.

If you are the praying sort please lift up the following while I am gone:
1)Pray for friends. I am going to be meeting a lot of new people. (John 15:12)
2) Pray for energy. It will be emotionally, spiritually and probably physically demanding. (1 Cor 9:26-27)
3) Peace about my placement. I have been experiencing a lot of fear about placement and confusion over the whole experience. I will find out at the conference where I am going. (Psalm 112:6-7)
4) Pray that God would captivate me with his love and that love would cause me to be obedient. I want to rely on God fully. (Psalm 63)
5) Pray for my potential donors. We will send out our first letter at the conference. Pray for encouragement in monetary form when I get home. (Phil 4:19)
6) Pray for my family- that they would be at peace with where God puts me.

If you weren't in Nebraska today, the weather was horrendous! It rained ALL day long...ick!

Have a great couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, "horrendous"? That sounds like fantastic weather. You know, it's got that whole smell thing going on; there's nothing like the smell of rain, it's quite fabulous. And please, take the time, just go dancing in the rain sometime. If you don't enjoy it, I'll watch the Princes--no wait, can't do that. Just dance and enjoy.
the jake

Jenny said...

Umm... I have danced in the rain? Have you?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Jenny. I'll definitely be praying for you. Have a safe trip out to Colorado and a great time at the EDGE Summit.

See you when you get back!

Justin