Earlier today, I picked up the phone on a mission to call some churches and friends. My body starts shaking and I can tell that if I open my mouth to speak it may be hard to understand me due to the extreme vibration in my voice. This is the difficult side of fundraising. The side that makes me want to throw in the towel but Satan will NOT win this battle. After staring at the phone for a good twenty minutes I discovered the courage or really had just reached the point of being SO annoyed at my cowardice that I had to start calling. So a half hour later, I am still convulsing from nerves and have three fundraising appointments for next week. I must remember:
"For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 2:17
Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment