Sunday, June 06, 2004

2nd Post...Cal that title is for you

The past day has been relatively uneventful. Last night, I watched the Princess Bride for the first time ever. It was pretty funny. In a lot of ways though it was SO 1980's that I was unimpressed. It was a good time though. Jake, if you're reading this, you need to see the movie. It is NOT a chickflick and you would probably appreciate the humor.

I watched the movie with Travis and we had some really good conversation. I would classify it as actual fellowship. We talked about rock music and whether or not it was sinful. We also discussed how Christians try and perform for God and we have a very hard time understanding that our standing before God has nothing to do with our goodness. It had nothing to do with our "goodness" when Christ accepted us into his family and it has nothing to do with our goodness now that we are in his family. Easy to say, tough to believe. I left his place encouraged to seek God.

So, that was Saturday night. Saturday afternoon I shopped with my mother all day and only bought one shirt. That's women for ya!

In other news, I set my alarm clock for p.m. instead of a.m. this morning (I havent't used my alarm but once this summer) and missed church as a result. That was frustrating. Omaha church and I have severe problems going together.

This morning it occured to me that in a little over a week I will be in Colorado starting my EDGE adventure. It doesn't seem real. Maybe it shouldn't yet.

Oh well. I am off to find Wal-mart and develop some pictures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not because I think it's a chickflick that I haven't watched the movie; so Jen, if you're reading this...






bite me.
jake

Anonymous said...

Jenny, if Jake does not want to do something, he will not do that something. This includes watching that movie. But it does not include sitting on Cal's furniture while unclothed. What you must understand is that you cannot understand this. Other than that, nice blog. You'll be addicted to this thing for a month or two. Then, reality will hit. Just keep posting stuff on here because people will view it. And make sure you put this on your support letter.

philabowl

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

The blog looks great so far. It will be nice to be able to hear a about what is going on in your life by checking in here from time to time.
I'd agree that the Princess Bride is not a chick flick. Maybe its that I'm a true child of the 80's, but I think that its humor stands the test of time pretty well - although us guys do have to get through the "kissing parts" in order to enjoy the "murdered by pirates" parts.


Keep fighting the good fight and keep living by grace.

Justin

Jenny said...

Jake, For posts that are mean like that there are these little trash cans that I can click to erase them.:) I still have my opinion. You should see the movie. And Phil, I certainly don't understand why he won't.

Anonymous said...

So Jen, you can still have your opinions, and I'll still have mine. And it's my opinion that I'm not going to watch this movie. And you don't have to understand why.... If you ever DO want to understand, you know what? Nevermind. There are only two people who know why I'm not watching the movie. One of them's God, the other one's not you. So get over it.
jake

Anonymous said...

Princess Bride rawks!!! It's exciting hearing about what's going on in your life Jen. EDGE Corp and you- what a team!!

-Sean

Jenny said...

Alright Jake, That was just mean.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Alright. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything like that. So I apologize if feelings were hurt or anything like that, and I hope that we can still be friends or anything like that.
jake