Wednesday, January 26, 2005

something smells fishy

So, this week the house I live in began to have a subtle undertone of raw sewage smell. You would walk in the door and be accosted by this nastiness but after a while it would go away. We considered the possiblility that we were just losing our minds or that we really were in some grave danger. Waited a couple days and decided to call a plumber. We did and all that we needed to do was pour some water down a drain in the basement. That reminds me of good old Kauffman. If you lived there, you know what I am talking about.

In other news, I had a good night in the dorms tonight. I got to bond with some friends. I am a big fat whoos (is that how you spell that?) with the gospel sometimes but it was still good. Although, I really don't think the Lord opened a door. Oh to listen to him better so as to know.

Welp... I am going to Lincoln this weekend. It should be a good time.

AND my cat in Omaha had kittens tonight. Both of my parents called. They are so cute (my parents that is).

2 comments:

Justin said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. I can relate to what you said about being a wuss when it comes to sharing the gospel. It can be hard to be bold, but boldness comes through the Spirit, not just through our own efforts [cf Acts 4].

I enjoyed the story about the stench (it sounds like "fishy" was putting it mildly) and the kittens.

Hopefully I'll see you sometime this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Does the bad smell in Kauffman have something to do with Papa John's garlic butter dip?

Phil