So, my car is sick. yep, that's right. The "low coolant" light was coming on when I went up steep hills but I had done a good job ignoring it for a while. finally, Meredith and I were going to take a trip to a nearby town to get our passports and I decided it was time to double check the coolant level. Well, it was a little low SO I thought no problem I'll put more in. As I poured coolant in, it poured out onto my host family's driveway. ICK! There was a huge puddle of orange antifreeze under my car and that was a little disturbing. I decided to do what any red-blooded american girl would do, I called my parents. They said I should take it in.
I did take it in. There were 2 coolant leaks. One in the water pump and the other in the intake gasket. Also the serpentine belt is cracked. That is an expensive bill. Yeah. No good. But my parents are going to pay for it. They are SO generous.
In other news, I am going to Omaha this weekend and much of next week and the following weekend to see Clay before he leaves. The reality is starting to hit me that he will be gone for a year.
Well that is quick update. :)
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that you got your car fixed, and more-so that your parents are willing to pay for the repairs.
I'll be praying that you get good time with your family while you are up in Omaha. I know that it is difficult for you all that Clay has to ship out again.
Post a Comment