Friday, January 06, 2006

happy things

So many exciting things have happenned recently. I got funded, bought a Shawn McDonald c.d. and get to see Rachel all weekend this weekend!

As far as getting excited for worldly things, it doesn't get much better than this.

Also, I am visiting Kansas in 2 weeks. I heart Kansas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa there, don't go dimming the "happy things" with name calling. Why should we especially call these exciting things worldly? Are they not but good gifts from God for us to take joy in?

True, there are in a sense "higher things" but they are no more honored by marking ordinary things as "worldy". The "higher things" are beyond good enough on their own. Thus, we are freed to impartially enjoy the ordinary things for what they are as as a part of the "higher things".

Consequently, no need to compare one against the other! Enjoy your heart out!

Jenny said...

Hermit, you have good thoughts. Who are you? I note you read my blog in the wee hours of the night. Nothing wrong with that. Do I know you?