Thursday, January 12, 2006

Not something to comment on

That last post just wasn't something to comment on, was it? Uggh. My life has been turned upside down the last couple days. Thank you to everyone who has loved me so well in the midst of this. I have the best friends anyone could ask for!

I have a funny story for ya though... the other night I was in downtown Lincoln getting some copies made at Kinkos and I couldn't find a meter to park in so NATURALLY what do I do? I go ahead and park in this parking lot that is completley illegal and has "Authorized parking only, violators will be towed" signs up. I send up a quick prayer in the midst of a lot of apathy (I didn't really care if they towed my car or not) and go into kinkos. I was intending to spend 20 minutes at kinkos, almost an hour later I come out a little frazzled (kinkos does that to a person). I go to get my car and there is this big black gate closed in front of the lot and I barely figured out how to get to my car. I threw up a quick prayer (still a little apathetic though) and see a woman walking through a gate that I think will get me to my car. Halleluyah. Alright one problem down. One to go...

I get in my car and still have no idea how I am going to get the gate open. I drive up to it hoping it is one of those automatically opening ones. No luck. As I am doing this, I see a woman walking out of the building attached to the lot. So I decide to ask her if she knows how to get out of the parking lot? She says "Umm, were you in Swanson and Russell? (this is apparently the legitimate reason for being in the parking lot)." I am BUSTED. I do the only thing I can and say No very sheepishly.

She smiles and says let me see what I can do. She went back in the building and got the gate open. Close call! What a fun random way God provides.

No comments: