Sunday, January 22, 2006

adult life

Alright, how many of you hate being an adult? Managing your own finances, having your overdeveloped college sense of idealism crushed, finding fellowship in the realm of the real world, finding meaning in life. All of these things have compounded recently to make me frustrated with life in the real world as an "adult."

But tonight was a moment when I saw hope in the midst of all of that. I started in a small group at church. It was so fun. We are doing this book called Fire and Reign. Tonight we shared about our different struggles in giving God full reign in our life. It was so sweet. There are people in this world that are in my stage of life that are trying to find their way and want that way to be one that brings honor to God! Wow! I am pumped.

Other than that, I saw End of the Spear this afternoon with my freshman. It was good but I am still unsure what to think of the Christian movies that have come out recently. I am really curious if they have any value to a nonbeliever.

Anyways, despite the beginning of the post I am really encouraged. It has been a good weekend. Guess who is still going dancing later tonight?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does you funding meter actually say 100%? I'm not sure how long that's been up there, but that's awesome!

As to the post, I so wish I could go dancing. Country swinging with the chair isn't so cool. Then again, neither is dancing to Joss Stone and watching myself in the mirror, but we all do what we do I guess.

Jenny said...

Yes,yes friend. The funding meter says 100. I dont think that it lies. After all it is posted on the internet. It must be fact.

Tracy said...

I heart the 80's. and R&B. and country swinging. lets go dancing again!! Yay for dancing.

the jake said...

I don't hate being an adult. But what do I know about that? I'll let you know what I think if I ever get there.