So what do these two things have in common? Well , they are both things that I experienced in the last week. Have you ever been to Florida? The beaches are pure white. It was SO beautiful.
Ya'll I had a GREAT weekend away. It was really enjoyable to be in FL and it was SO fun to meet the parents in South Carolina too. I am glad to be back but I kinda miss being gone and being there. The cold may also kill me.
Wow, there is so much to report about what went on while I was gone. As for the conference, it was a really good time to just spend time with other people. One thing God really taught me was about the fear I have in approaching him. I learned that it is because I have a hard time trusting him that He is good and will make good decisions with my life. I also realized that fear is not from God. Both of those lessons were good.
At the EDGE summit, we had a day of prayer with our national prayer director and that was also amazing. Basically we just shared how we were doing with each other and prayed. That was refreshing.
South Carolina was also a GOOD time. I met Jon's parents and both of his brother's families. There was 3 kids under 3 years old around everytime we got together which was surprisingly really fun for me. I had a lot of fun playing with the oldest one (I think she is 3). She is such a girl and she is a ton of fun. I was just thinking about how people can ever hurt kids. I would seriously go nuts if I found out that anyone ever hurt her she is SO precious (and I've only hung out with her twice).
We went to Charleston on Saturday and that was breathtaking. The city is beautiful and old. It reminds me so much of a stereotypical southern city. It was also probably the best date of my life (and the longest- some 13 hours or so). There was a car ride, a couple good seafood meals, walking on the beach, swinging on porch swings and getting homemade candy at the candy store. I miss it already.
There ya have it folks. Oh wait, I did get some bad news this weekend. I found out that I still need to rasie approx. 6900 dollars to make my budget for Navs. ICK!!!! But it was cool that God had already raised some and had it waiting for me when I got back from FL!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment