I really just want to post today about life. The things that are normal and just plain everyday. This week was very good. I enjoyed "work" and God very much. We had an awesome speaker at the Key Laborers Retreat last weekend. His name is Paul Washer and the Lord used him in some awesome ways in my life. I have been thinking a lot about waht it looks like to boast in my weaknesses and thus put the focus on God. Good stuff. I like to have it all together and be the best at everything.
Alright enough of the deep. I am presently at Java (actually the name is now Bluestem Bistro and it is a coffee shop in Aggieville -the bar section of Manhattan) feeling like a college student all over again. I am posting on the blog to avoid doing Bible study because it feels too much like work. I am excited to spend time with God but not to do anything responsible. Do you ever have moments like that? It is very prevalent when you only have one day off a week. How will I ever handle it when I have two days off? I will probably feel like I have all the time in the world!
I am planning on going to the Dollar Tree and buying some cheap lip gloss followed by washing my car. It is a beautiful day but not because I am going to the dollar store (although I think it is my favorite place to shop). But presently I am chilling at Java with Jesus and Emily O (a friend from high school- woo hoo!).
Tommorrow a friend is coming up this Sunday. I am excited!
Yesterday I had staff meeting. Afterwards I had plans to go out to lunch with Brandi. She called and cancelled which I really was alright with. Well all of the sudden I had free time- AMAZING! What ever will I do with myself? Get this: I decided to go get my shots for East Asia this summer. I figured it would be easier to just suck it up and go instead of having to worry about it for days before I go. It was a ridiculously stressful drive over there. My pulse quickened and I had to convince myself that I should not be acting as scared as I was. Honestly, shots don't scare me so much or at least they didn't used to. I think somehow I have picked up other people's phobia. Anyway, I got over to the health center and found out that they close at 12 on fridays. Junk! So I drove home (a bit relieved might I add). Then I cleaned the bathroom, spent time with Jesus, did accountability with Evie and left to hang out with the staff.
The staff went to Chiptle (read Chip ot el- I say it funny). Afterwards we played Taboo. It was funny to watch Joel lose (but sad too because he was on my team) because he is really competitive. And finally we watched Napoleon Dynamite. That was really fun. We have really become friends.
Well that is about all I can piece together for ya. Hope you enjoyed it!
Saturday, March 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like reading about your "normal" days just as much as the exciting stuff. Makes everything all the more real. :)
Tracy
mmmmm...Chipotle...
Post a Comment