Thursday, February 24, 2005

dream come true #73

Today was SO awesome. Yes, judging by the timestamp you can tell that it must have been awesome for me to still be awake (or I am in college ministry and drank coffee at 11 tonight). Basically one of my wildest dreams for a girl that I have become friends with came true tonight.

I have formed a friendship with this girl in Ford and have shared my testimony with her before and then proceeded to hang out with her every couple of weeks. I have asked her to come to Bible discussion, given her More than a Carpenter and asked her to read the Bible with me individually and been shot down- over and over again. Well, this week I went out with her for coffee as usual and I was RESOLVED that if I couldn't get her involved in anything I would personally share the gospel with her. I prayed and tried and didn't quite get there. In a moment of exasperation I invited her to Navs saying that as my friend I wanted her to see what I did as a job. Amazingly enough she agreed and she came. Now this may not sound very miraculous to you, but they are things that DO NOT happen in my life - people saying yes and people actually coming to functions with me that aren't Christians.

Well not only did she come but she thought about Jesus HARD and decided that she isn't a Christian after all. Hmmm that's news! ;) (READ lots of sarcasm into that). Then, after Navs she went to the coffee shop with me and I asked her if she had ever wrestled with the idea of having a personal relationship with God (the speaker at Navs set us up great for this question) and she said I guess not and then I asked her if she knew how to have a personal relationship with God? To this she also said no. Enter: Bridge illustration.

We spent the next 45 minutes going over the one-verse bridge and the wheels were definitely turning. She didn't bow and accept Christ but she said that she wanted to in the future. Interesting response. Please pray for her and thank God for his faithfulness to work in the lives of the girls I know and love here!

Woo hoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I might be the first person to have read this post. That's awesome to hear of God breaking through to your friend. I just need to ask, what was dream come true #72?
Phil

Justin said...

Jenny,

Thanks for sharing the good news (in both senses of the phrase).
I'll be praying for your friend, and rejoicing with you as God continues to be at work in her life.

Jenny said...

#72= picking up a hitch hiker! I am modeling after the movie A walk to Remember. :) Thanks for the encourgement!

Tracy said...

Hooray! that is good news. way, to go, you evangelizer you! Keep working on her; God uses your persistance, and I speak from personal experience! sending you lots of NZ love. :)