Cal posted something on his blog the other day that I find to be incredibly true and incredibly interesting. He said: "There's also Jenny who somehow seems no longer a Nebraskan while she's wearing purple, but is certainly not somebody I would consider a "Wildcat" yet. But she's a friend, so the color doesn't matter."
That attitude captures the essence of the transition I have faced- not in wearing purple and cheering for the purplecats :) but in identifying with K-State Navs at Main Event and feeling the tension in general between not being quite a wildcat but not being quite a husker. Sometimes it feels like I don't belong anywhere but sometimes it feels like I belong everywhere. It is an interesting experience.
Anways, that is random but I wanted to post it. :)
Sunday, October 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"I don't belong here
I don't belong here
I will carry a cross and a song where I don't belong..."
-Switchfoot
Post a Comment