You guys, God has really blessed life and ministry the past few days. To give you a small snapshot of life- I have probably had 5 good one on ones since I have lived in Manhattan. Three of them were yesterday.
I feel like I am trying to minister in a wilderness. I have never in my life spent time with so many nonbelievers that are so uninterested and not hungry. I feel like a lot of what I have been doing is developing an overwhelming amount of relationships, developing trust and breaking up very very hard hearts. I have shared the gospel many times probably on average 2-3 times a week and had little positive response.
But yesterday was a different story. God gave me a lot of encouragement. My first appointment was with a girl who just came to Christ a week or so ago. We hung out, had fun and talked about the Lord and how to grow. It was cool.
My second appointment was with a girl who is Native American and has those religious beliefs. She has been coming to an evangelistic Bible study that I am doing on campus and she frequently makes comments about how COMPLETELY lost that she is. Her concept of God and well everything is different from mine. So, I took her to the mall and as we are walking from store to store I undfold the gospel story from Genesis to Jesus. It was so neat to share with someone who had not heard it before. I told her about the sacrifices that God demanded in the Old testament and she responded in shock and then when Jesus entered the scene she responded with awe. We ended our time talking about how she is moving from not interested at all to interested so she can "learn more." You can pray for her and for me. What a neat time though.
Finally, I have freshman bible study last night. It was rough because the girls had a stressful week but I hung out with a girl afterwards and it was really great. I felt like she was vulnerable with me and that I got to help her fight through stuff in her life. I was so excited to hear about the things the Lord is teaching her.
Anyways, that was sweet. I am really learning that God is going to have to work if he wants me to have a ministry.
Tonight I had a conversation with a girl who is adimately (how do you spell that?) disinterested in pursuing God with her college career. I invited her to Main Event and she said possibly 10 times that she does not have time for or interest in "something like that" in college. She wants to have a life and party on the weekends and do rowing team and everything else. It made me really sad. We have a good friendship though so I hope that goes somewhere.
Anyway that is a more detailed snapshot of "life on the edge." I am going to NE this weekend because it is KSU's fall break. I want to see whoever wants to see me. :) I CANT WAIT!
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
adamantly
thanks
I prayed that the Holy Spirit will give you the words to say, and soften the hearts of those you speak to.
Isn't it encouraging that it isn't your responsibility to save people!
Blessings!
Post a Comment