Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!

Did anybody chuckle at the title to this post? I certainly did. I am busy amusing myself as I am posting on this blog.

So the title is true. I am not in Kansas anymore nor do I have the company of 2 Siberian Huskies anymore (they belong to my sister in law and are now safely at her home). This last weekend I made a trip down to ManHappenin (ie- Manhattanm KS)! It was a joy to my heart. I don't know how to fully describe what that trip did for me but it was really refreshing. I actually feel today a lot like I used to feel when I lived in KS and would visit NE for a weekend. I feel loved, content with who I am and what God has for me and just well happy.

Why did I go to KS you might ask? Well, I went because my sister in law and 2 dogs(do not read this as my husband's sister because I dont have a husband- it is my brothers wife) needed a ride home and her home is Ft. Riley (which is essentially Manhattan KS). You see my brother is off in San Antonio for 3 months of dog handling school to be a K-9 MP. He hopes that the change of job in the military will decrease the rick of being sent to Iraq for a third time. I hope he is right. Anyways, since I have a flexible schedule I got asked to take my sil (sister in law) back to KS and I decided while I was there to try to get some support appointments. I got to meet with 4 people for support while I was there. It was really good.

It was an interesting way to go to a city you used to live in though. My number one priority was Whitney (my sil). My number 2 priority was fundraising and my number 3 prority was seeing friends. After I had been there a day it occured to me that I should call friends up and try to see them. Silly Jenny Tricks are for kids!

So that is why I dont think I am in Kansas anymore. Actually I know that I am not. But Kansas is an amazing place in my heart. God was very good to me for sending me there for EDGE and letting me go back and visit this weekend.

I also wanted to let everyone know that my birthday was last month. If you want the exact date email me because I dont really want to post it on the internet. The reason for this random info is: A friend emailed me the other day and told me that she thought my birthday was coming up but was unsure as to when it was. She sited the lack of discussion about a birthday on my blog as proof that she could be off in her memory of when it was. So I thought I would clear that up for any interested parties. I didn't post about it this year she was right.

No comments: