Tuesday, June 27, 2006

creepy things that move in the night and the woods...

Aren't opposums the grossest animals in the world? Tonight I was happily chatting at Phil on the phone and I walk out into my backyard. The porch light was on and some light was spilling onto the yard but for the most part it was dark.

I round the corner behind my porch and peer into the darkness and what do I see? A white face and beaty eyes staring me down! I can pretty safely assume those eyes belonged to an opposum. As you can imagine, I started screaming and jumping around. I also began yelling ewww eww ewww and shuttering! This did not flow so well with Phil and I's happy chatting but well some things just happen. As if I had not had enough trauma for the night I decided to go back for more...

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to go back and look at the oppossum to see how big it was. The opposum had disappeared. For future reference curiousity won out in the battle versus grossness.

I still maintain that opposums are some of the grosset rodents in the world! They are nothing but big scary looking rat like things. I am shuttering at the thought of it!

Oh since I am telling you about gross things. I got approximately 20 chiggers last week and have bites (that still itch a little) all over my body. Those were attained by romping in the forest in the hills of Desoto, NE! Meanwhile my friend that was with me was wearing shorts and got NO chiggers. There is no justice in this world!

No comments: