Sunday, April 24, 2005

the quick run-down

Hey friends-

I am officially overwhelmed. Yep- it's true. I am leaving the country May 7 and have 1 and a half weeks left at KSU then I am done with EDGE here. For anyone who hasn't heard, I am going to be on staff at UNL next year. Woo hoo! There are a lot of details that need to get worked out before I leave. Moving is a lot as well as leaving the country for a little over a month.
Mer just reminded me today that I need to pay my cell phone bill while I am out of the country. Crazy things to think about. I kind of like it though because I have a freakish enjoyment of structure and administration!

As for how I am doing, i think I am doing well otherwise. The end of the year has been fun but it is going to be sad to leave Manhattan. I have made some neat friends and had an amazing year of ministry. This place definitely goes on my map as a place that I have seen God's faithfulness.

My family is not so good. My grandpa is still very sick. He has had 3 TIAs since the last. Pray for me that I may have an opportunity to share with him and that he won't die before Clay gets to come home on leave this summer. Clay seems to be doing alright in Iraq but his wife is having a hard time. My parents are also having a hard time with my grandpa being sick. So sad news there. Sorry.

Well that is about all I've got. The highlight of the last month has probably been the group date my FC study got asked on by Ben D's study. We went to a Royals game in KC and they cooked breakfast for us in the morning (Ben's study that is NOT the Royals). We also played ultimate frisbee at midnight in the Plaza. It was rocking awesome!

That is all I have for now. I may not post again until after my trip this summer.

Congratulations to those graduating: Jake, Cora, Phil and Sonya!

1 comment:

Justin said...

Thanks for the update Jenny.
I know that the next few weeks are going to be an adventure for you.

I'll be praying.